Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Journaling

I've wanted to journal for many years. In fact, several times I've gone so far as to buy a journaling book of some sort - often a nice fancy one that should inspire you to use it - and have gone as far as writing a few pages. And that would be it.

Why did I give up? Multiple reasons. I tend to write alot, & ramble. So it's hard to to find the time I need to properly journal. Or maybe I'm afraid of making a commitment. Or maybe I'm afraid of what I might reveal to myself. Or it could be sheer laziness. I'm not really sure what it is.

Last summer, someone involved in my life inspired me to yet again start journaling. To simplify it, I dug out an "fill in the blanks" type journaling template that I had found online several years previous. I adapted it to suit my needs, and prettyed it up with digital graphics. I had high hopes of recording my thoughts for posterity, to leave as a legacy for my kids. I printed out a few copies, faithfully filled it in for about a week, and then our printer ran out of ink.

Unfortunately last summer was extremely tight financially. So it took a while to print more out, & meanwhile the project fell to the wayside. I've wanted to pick it up again for quite a while, but something has held me back. As silly as it sounds, I'm angry at myself for not resuming it earlier. My record of my life will only be from now forward; my past is lost. Of course this means that I keep pushing more off, and leaving more unrecorded, but emotions aren't logical.

Tonight will start my journaling.

(For quite a while I've gone to other people's blogs & downloaded creations that they had made & shared. I've wanted to do that myself too. So,here is a link to the journal page that I've created, that you can download use yourself if you'd like. I'm hoping it will work properly since I'm new to this linking & sharing. If you do want it & have problems, please let me know.)

daily journal

No comments:

Post a Comment