Monday, December 28, 2009

challenges, motivation & focus

They say that posting your goals in public will motivate you to do well. When everyone expects you to achieve something, you can't let them down. Deadlines can be a big motivator too. When something has to be done by a certain time, it's easier to focus on getting that particular thing done.

One of my bigger challenges in accomplishing things is focus. I have so many ideas that I can't narrow my work down, & so I don't get anything done. Challenges help in that they give me an area in which to focus. They also have deadlines & are often done in public.

I have three challenges in the next few weeks. The first is to get my day planner made & printed. I make my own on the computer (more about that in a later post). It has to be done by the end of the week or else the year will change & I'll be calendarless.

The next is Lion Brand's Vanna White yarn contest. I won't say much about the yarn. It wouldn't be my first choice for a project, but that's what's required by the contest, & so I am using it. It does come in a nice selection of colors. The deadline is Feb 1, & so I have alot of crocheting ahead of me. By looking at last year's winners, the judges are looking for little details. I hope mine will suffice.

The last challenge is for my ATC group. (For more about ATC's &what they are see: Art in your Pocket: ATCs.) As a group, most of us have been busy with life's constant demands, and haven't had much time to create. At our last meeting we challenged ourselves to create 5 new ATC's by the next meeting - one a week. This too, by the end of Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment